[SciPy-user] Complex ODE's in scipy

Nils Wagner nwagner at mecha.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Nov 7 05:17:48 EST 2002

Hi,

How can I integrate complex ODE's in scipy ?

I guess I have to double the order of the ODE with respect
to real and imaginary part.

But, Is it also possible to treat it directly in the complex plane ?

odeint(func, y0, t, args=(), Dfun=None, col_deriv=0, full_output=0,
ml=None,
        mu=None, rtol=None, atol=None, tcrit=None, h0=0.0, hmax=0.0,
hmin=0.0,
        ixpr=0, mxstep=0, mxhnil=0, mxordn=12, mxords=5, printmessg=0)

Integrate a system of ordinary differential equations.

  Solve a system of ordinary differential equations Using lsoda from the
  FORTRAN library odepack.

  Solves the initial value problem for stiff or non-stiff systems
  of first order ode-s:
       dy/dt = func(y,t0,...) where y can be a vector.

Inputs:

  func -- func(y,t0,...) computes the derivative of y at t0.
  y0   -- initial condition on y (can be a vector).
  t    -- a sequence of time points for which to solve for y.  The
intial
          value point should be the first element of this sequence.
  args -- extra arguments to pass to function.
  Dfun -- the gradient (Jacobian) of func (same input signature as
func).
  col_deriv -- non-zero implies that Dfun defines derivatives down
               columns (faster), otherwise Dfun should define
derivatives
               across rows.
  full_output -- non-zero to return a dictionary of optional outputs as
                 the second output.
  printmessg -- print the convergence message.

Nils