[SciPy-user] Debian package(s)?

Joe Reinhardt jmr at engineering.uiowa.edu
Mon Nov 4 08:32:14 EST 2002

The hold up is my fault - I use scipy for my own work, but need
something that is reasonably stable.   I had trouble tracking the
frequent changes to CVS and deciding when to take a snapshot for
packaging.

scipy depends on f2py, which is not in debian.  Also, scipy won't
build with the atlas that is distributed with debian.  Thus, this
makes it difficult for me to build without first rebuilding atlas.
And because of the atlas dependency, I don't think scipy can make it
into the main distribution until atlas is updated.  (This situation
may have changed, since I haven't built scipy since July.)

My current (very old, but stable) snapshot (source and deb) is at
http://people.debian.org/~jmr.  If someone has the time and energy to
update this for debian, please go ahead and take it over.

- Joe