[SciPy-user] problems building scipy from cvs

A.Schmolck a.schmolck at gmx.net
Wed May 15 07:57:29 EDT 2002

Hi,

Is scipy meant to work with Atlas 3.4.0? I haven't managed to build
yesterday's CVS version with it successfully (haven't tried the Atlas 3.3.x
versions, 3.4 should do everything those do, is that right?). Anyway after
building , here is what I get  when I do ``import scipy``:

exceptions.ImportError:
/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/scipy/linalg/clapack.so: undefined symbol:
clapack_sgetri

> nm /usr/lib/liblapack.a |grep sgetri
sgetri.o:
00000000 T sgetri_

I'm running Linux Mandrake 8.1 on an Athlon and used gcc 2.95.3 to build
atlas, according to the instructions on the atlas pages.

Cheers,

alex

--
Alexander Schmolck     Postgraduate Research Student
                       Department of Computer Science