[SciPy-user] reload / auto gui_thread / file striding

pearu at scipy.org pearu at scipy.org
Tue May 7 16:10:37 EDT 2002

On Tue, 7 May 2002, Fernando Perez wrote:

> IPython supports <stuff snipped>
>
> It doesn't do colors and calltips, but it has functions to retrieve lots of
> information about any object.

Which gives me an idea that IPython could do colors if you are interested
in. Namely you can send colored (+ bolded + underlined + stroked +
background colored) output to terminal using ANSI color escape
sequences.
I got the idea from
  http://www.livinglogic.de/Python/ansistyle/
but didn't use this ansistyle module because it was to fancy for my apps.
Anyway, try

print '\x1b[1;32m%s\x1b[0m'% ('Hello, I am bold green')
print '\x1b[1;41m%s\x1b[0m'% ('Hello, I am bold white on red background')
print '\x1b[4;31m%s\x1b[0m'% ('Hello, I am underlined red')

to get an idea.

Pearu