[SciPy-user] plot.plt speed

Douglas Eck doug at idsia.ch
Thu Jun 6 07:24:55 EDT 2002

I need to plot 10 time series on the same plot window. But it's quite slow:

plot.plt(rand(10,200))
takes 18 seconds.

plot.plt(rand(1,2000))
takes less than one second

There are some tricks for speeding up the first case in gnuplot by reshaping
the array to be 1,2000 and adding a second array for the x values.
[[1:200][1:200]....[1:200]]. But this has other problems.

Any ideas? My timeseries are more on the order of (25,2500).... not
pretty.

Cheers,
Doug
--
Dr. Douglas Eck, http://www.idsia.ch/~doug
Istituto Dalle Molle di Studi sull'Intelligenza Artificiale (IDSIA)