[SciPy-user] Newbie question

Douglas Eck doug at idsia.ch
Thu Jul 25 12:52:35 EDT 2002

Can someone help me with this. Please?

I'm using python 2.2 with scipy version '0.2.0_alpha_105.3694'
on a debian sid (unstable) box. I also installed wxGTK-gl-2.3.2
so that python 2.2 would work.

I am heavily using plt.plot and think it's very nice. Thanks.

The problem is, only sometimes does the zooming work. I'd
say about 33% of the time. Other times, no error is seen,
the plot displays, but the zoom never comes up. I have
to restart the python interpreter and run my program again.

I think it is a threading issue but I'm not really sure
how to track it down nor how to fix it.

Can someone give me some hints as to where I might look.
wxGTK? Python 2.2? my X server? SciPy? Bad karma with tkinter's
guithread?

Thanks for any help!

Doug Eck

--
Dr. Douglas Eck, http://www.idsia.ch/~doug
Istituto Dalle Molle di Studi sull'Intelligenza Artificiale (IDSIA)