[SciPy-user] unittests for scipy.stats:

Louis Luangkesorn lluang at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 10:13:35 EST 2002

Eric,

I sent an email to Jim Weirich, who is the maintainer of
EiffleUnit.  EiffleUnit has an assert_approximate function.  His
reply is below.  My feeling regarding the scipy_test.py is that I
rewrite the assert_approx_equals to match the behavior of the
EiffelUnit assert_approximate, since it does the same thing that I
want, and that we name the scipy function
assert_approximate_equals, in the interests of consistancy with
other XUnit type modules.

Oh, I'm going to have an update on assert_approx_equals regardless.
 There are a couple of rather embarassing cases I don't account
for.

Louis