[SciPy-user] Flicker image plotting

bryan cole bryan.cole at teraview.co.uk
Sat Feb 23 09:54:44 EST 2002

I'm not sure how much effort would be to fix this in SciPy as I don't
use SciPy much, but I have modified the wxPlotCanvas which comes with
wxPython, to be flicker-free (plus a few other mods). I use this for
real-time data display (line plots and colour-maps).

 You simply draw everything to a an image held in memory (a MemoryDC)
then copy this to the screen (with the Blit function - very fast).

Bryan