[SciPy-user] clapack--installation problem

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Fri Aug 16 17:00:37 EDT 2002

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Giovanni Montana wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am trying to get SciPy installed in my linux box. I got the last version
> via CVS, and have installed f2py2e, ATLAS, and Numeric. All seems OK, but
> when I import scipy from Python, I get "exceptions.ImportError: No module
> named clapack".

Just a guess: did you run python in scipy directory? If you did then
change out of this directory, say, to $HOME and try again.

> My guess is that I should change scipy/scipy_distutils/site.cfg to tell scipy
> where to find the lapack library, but it doesn't work. Any idea? I need to
> get scipy work as soon as possible, so any help will be greately appreciated!

What is the output of

python scipy_distutils/system_info.py

? And what is the exact location of your atlas library?
Finally, what is the output of

ls -l /path/to/your/atlas/lib{lapack,f77blas,cblas,atlas}.a

?

Pearu