[Scipy-organizers] a clarification and a question regarding talk/poster submission

Mellissa Cross cros0324 at umn.edu
Wed Apr 1 14:53:35 EDT 2015

Hello,

First, the clarification:  on the talk/poster submission guideline page
<http://scipy2015.scipy.org/ehome/115969/259289/?&>, two parts to
submission are described:  the Brief Abstract, and the Detailed Abstract.
On the actual eSelect submission page, however, there is a box for "Talk /
Poster Abstract", and underneath that is a box for "Talk / Poster Long
Description".  Does the Brief Abstract correspond to abstract and the
Detailed Abstract correspond to long description?

And the question:  one of my abstracts deals with a plotting package I
designed to use matplotlib to create this
<http://www.nature.com/ncomms/journal/v3/n11/images_article/ncomms2222-f2.jpg>
style
of plot, which is used heavily in my discipline (paleoclimatology, study of
past climates) to visualize data in context of other regional and global
datasets, and would be of interest to other disciplines that have similar
plotting needs.  Should I submit to the Vision, Visualization, and Imaging
track, since there is the data visualization element, or the General
track?  Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Mellissa Cross

--
Mellissa Cross