[Scipy-organizers] Final tutorial schedule

Jacob Vanderplas jakevdp at cs.washington.edu
Thu May 1 09:25:03 EDT 2014

Hello,
The nominal day of schedule announcements is upon us, and we have finished
reviewing and laying-out the tutorial schedule. We ran a draft by the
presenters yesterday, and everybody seemed happy with it!  Here it is, in
four tracks:

Introductory

Intermediate

Special Topics

July 6 AM

The Wonderful World of Scientific Python

David P. Sanders

Fundamentals of the IPython Display Architecture and Interactive Widgets

Brian Granger

HDF5 is for Lovers

Anthony Scopatz

Astropy and Astronomical Tools

Perry Greenfield

July 6 PM

Sympy

Aaron Meurer

Bayesian Statistical Analysis in Python

Chris Fonnesbeck

Interactive Parallel Computing with IPython

Min Ragan-Kelley

Geospatial data in Python: Database, desktop, and the web

Carson Farmer

July 7 AM

Anatomy of Matplotlib

Ben Root

Birds in a Random Kaggle Forest

Matt Wescott

Multibody Dynamics and Control with Python

Jason Moore

Reproducible Science: Walking the Walk

Matthew McCormick

July 7 PM

Introduction to Julia

David P. Sanders

Image Analysis in Python with Scikit-Image

Juan Nunez-Iglesias

Integrating Python and C++ with Boost.Python

Austin Bingham

Teaching Numerical Methods with IPython Notebooks

David Ketcheson

We've also sent emails to the contacts for proposals which were not
selected, giving them a brief explanation of what might have improved their
chances of being selected.

Please let us know if anything else is needed to help get the schedule out
today,
Thanks!

   Jake VanderPlas
   Kristen Thyng