[Scipy-organizers] job posting

Solomon Negusse Solomon.Negusse at twdb.texas.gov
Tue Jul 8 12:29:51 EDT 2014

Hello,  The IT department at our agency, the Texas Water Development Board has a scientific applications team lead position here in Austin and they just asked me to forward that to attendees. Would it be possible to have it added to job opportunities listing on the scipy website or any other way to spread the news? Anyone interested will have to contact the agency ASAP as it's closing soon. Please let me know.

A description of the position can be found here: http://www.twdb.texas.gov/jobs/doc/14-58.pdf

Job Description
Performs highly complex (senior-level) scientific and web computer programming and software development work. Work
involves overseeing the planning, scheduling and assigning of programming projects; coordinating programming projects;
analyzing proposed computer applications; and providing technical assistance. Maintains existing and new internal and open
source software. Performs moderately complex data processing, quality assurance and management functions for water quality
and other water-related time-series data. Assists in architecting workflows to control quality, version, archive and disseminate
data from field and modeling studies. Maintains software that retrieves and inserts data into relational databases. Maintains
data related webpages and fulfills customer requests for data. Works under limited supervision, with latitude for the use of
initiative and independent judgment.

Thanks,

-Solomon