[Scipy-organizers] Stupid internal error

sheila miguez sheila at codersquid.com
Tue Apr 22 11:40:06 EDT 2014

Hi everyone!

What I'm doing right now is adding a section to the admin to allow us to
remove these negative votes. The django admin does not allow this. I think
that is a valid choice, but for the sake of expediency, I'm going to allow
super users to do it.

For the problem in general, I've been setting up and blowing away the site
in staging to see what intervention might resolve everything -- I set up
the mysql db from scratch, added users and proposals and reviews to get
things in to a similar state as in prod, and then did a few things:

* changed the encoding from latin1 to utf8 on the affected columns (used
two different methods)
* applied the suggested fix from Taavi

Results inconclusive. I could add the votes, but then I could not update
votes once a negative vote had been made.

I'll continue to work on this.

Meanwhile, I'll see about deleting the two negative votes (I see only two).

thanks for being patient! sorry about this.