[Scipy-organizers] Publication and review in SciPy

sheila miguez sheila at codersquid.com
Wed Oct 30 12:25:09 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I am glad this thread started.

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 11:28 AM, Anthony Scopatz <scopatz at gmail.com> wrote:
> I encourage everyone who thinks that they should help to actually help.
> I also urge people to rope in their friends who may not be on this
> mailing list, but are also stakeholders in this, to come in and participate.

I'm sending a few emails out today with a link to this thread and a
request that they participate. Hopefully they will join and introduce
themselves.

One idea I have is that we could ask people who are interested in
helping with the proceedings system to have some sprints/project
nights with their local communities to see if they can build up a good
cadence and pool of volunteers at all levels leading up to the
conference as well as participating in a conference sprint with the
goal of standing up a proceedings site?

I know that type of activity is hard to do and sustain, because I've
had partial success maintaining regular project nights at my local
hackerspace and python user groups. However, think project nights that
are more focused than general may have more success.

sheila at codersquid.com