[Scipy-organizers] Mini-Symposium Topic Suggestions?

Kyle Mandli kyle.mandli at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 11:38:09 EST 2013

Contacts of mine from Boeing proposed a mini-symposia on
engineering/manufacturing or industrial use of Python.  They also
volunteered to coordinate the mini-symposia inviting in other from
industry.  Here's the text of the email:

"We would like to propose a mini-symposia on Engineering/Manufacturing
or Industrial use of Python for SciPy2014. Matt, Trevor, and I
(Nicholas) would be willing to help coordinate this effort, and
present some of our ideas/work/etc. The goal for us would be to
attract other python developers from industry to participate."

Matt and Nicholas both participated in SciPy last year and found it to
be a rewarding experience and would like to be able to provide a
larger footprint for people in their line of work.  Looking at the
list that Jonathan posted, this would fit under aerospace but I think
their intention was to address in the manufacturing idea in much
broader context.

Kyle