[Scipy-organizers] Publication and review in SciPy

sheila miguez sheila at codersquid.com
Wed Nov 6 12:28:34 EST 2013

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 1:57 AM, Jacob Barhak <jacob.barhak at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sheila,
>
> Since you are the major contributor to this thread and have contacts to
> volunteers, I will assume that you are leading this effort and I will try to
> form a core consensus with you.

Stefan van der Walt is leading proceedings, and I'm interested in
being a volunteer to help. I spoke up a lot because I'm also a
technical co-chair and would like to help with the tools people will
use for doing proceedings stuff. I hope I didn't derail the topic by
participating too much; I apologize.

For working out consensus. I like how another project I'm in has
guidelines for consensus. I'll share that group's guidelines when we
have the doc available somewhere other than googledocs. I'd like to
suggest using them with any working group I'm running or on.

> I also suggest that to speed this planning process and also communicate by
> phone/video conference. I would first like to ask who will be interested to
> be a party in such a remote conference? Interested people, please respond to
> this thread. I suggest we see who responds in a week or so and try to figure
> out best communication method and time.

I agree a meeting soon would be good.

sheila at codersquid.com