[SciPy-Dev] Sensitivity analysis module proposal

William Usher wusher at kth.se
Thu Sep 2 09:11:43 EDT 2021

Hi;

I’m one of the maintainers of SALib<https://pypi.org/project/SALib/>, a Python library which offers implementations of popular global sensitivity analysis approaches including Sobol’, Morris, DMIM, DGSM, FAST and others.

We’ve been approached<https://github.com/SALib/SALib/issues/463> by roy.pamphile at gmail.com<mailto:roy.pamphile at gmail.com> regarding the possibility of either

- contributing the entire SALib library to SciPy, or
- contributing key functions from SALib to SciPy, keeping SALib as a user-friendly wrapper around the SciPy implementations + extensions that don’t fit within SciPy’s remit.

We believe that this move could overall benefit the scientific and sensitivity analysis communities.

We’ve discussed this internally, and would be open to either of the above options.

What are the next steps?

Kind regards,

Will Usher

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D51FA4.648A23D0]

Dr. Will Usher
Assistant Professor in Integrated Assessment for Sustainable Development, KTH Royal Institute of Technology

Division of Energy Systems
School of Industrial Engineering and Management
KTH Royal Institute of Technology

Brinellvägen 68
SE-100 44 Stockholm, Sweden
wusher at kth.se<mailto:wusher at kth.se>