[SciPy-Dev] Proposed 1.7.0 Release Schedule

Tyler Reddy tyler.je.reddy at gmail.com
Sun May 2 13:37:36 EDT 2021

Hi,

SciPy 1.6.0 was released December 31/2020 (a bit late), a little more than
4 months ago, and I think we'd like to keep a roughly biannual release
cadence.

I'd like to proposed the following schedule for 1.7.0:
- May 26/2021: branch 1.7.x
- May 29/2021: rc1
- June 11/2021: rc2 (if needed)
- June 20/2021: final release

As always, it is a good idea to start tagging things that should be in the
1.7.0 release & please do help with reviewing PRs/issues that are
tagged--current counts are:

- PRs: 24 open with 1.7.0 milestone
- issues: 8 open with 1.7.0 milestone

Also great to update the release notes wiki as appropriate:
https://github.com/scipy/scipy/wiki/Release-note-entries-for-SciPy-1.7.0

Thoughts/objections for the proposed schedule? The new build time
dependency/transpiler, Pythran, would be a notable addition to this
release, assuming that moves forward.

Best wishes,
Tyler