[SciPy-Dev] Boost for stats

Nicholas McKibben nicholas.bgp at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 09:54:44 EST 2021

Adding the following options to the .gitmodules file was also useful for
speeding up routine git commands:
    active = false
    ignore = true
    shallow = true

I am not sure if all of them are necessary - I don't profess to be a git
wizard. I still had commands such as 'git add -u' hang.

Indeed --recurse-submodules is necessary (and might be why the CI is
currently failing for the the PR).

Thanks,
Nicholas