[SciPy-Dev] Hyper-dual numbers

Evgeni Burovski evgeny.burovskiy at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 14:20:34 EST 2021

Ah, these. Suspected it, but wanted to make sure.

IMO, these are best implemented as a numpy dtype. I'm biased though
--- here's a branch which makes a start, based on Mike Boyle's version
of quaternion dtype (Mike and other authors, if you're reading this
--- thanks a ton!)

https://github.com/ev-br/quaternion/tree/dual

Now, I don't think scipy should carry around additional numpy dtypes.
Cannot speak for the numpy project, but I strongly suspect this is
best implemented as a separate repository/project.

Cheers,

Evgeni