[SciPy-Dev] GSoC'21 Blog: Improve performance through use of Pythran

Xingyu Liu xingyuliu at g.harvard.edu
Mon Aug 30 13:19:04 EDT 2021

Hi everyone:

I’m Xingyu Liu, this year’s SciPy GSoC student :) This summer, I’m very fortunate to work on improving SciPy algorithms’ performance via Pythran, under the supervision of my awesome mentors Ralf Gommers and Serge Guelton! I’m so happy to share the blog of our work: http://serge-sans-paille.github.io/pythran-stories/gsoc21-improve-performance-through-the-use-of-pythran.html

It has been a great experience working on this project in GSoC'21, and much thanks to the SciPy community for this opportunity and help on my project! Special thanks to my mentors, Ralf and Serge, who provided immense support for me to get through the difficulties! I have learnt a lot this summer and I’ll continue to contribute to SciPy and Pythran in the future!!!

Cheers,

Xingyu