[SciPy-Dev] Composability of LTI objects

Ilhan Polat ilhanpolat at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 13:02:30 EDT 2021

Hi Tobin,

It is mostly blocked by certain legacy behaviors. We discussed a few times
the status of the control-ish parts of signal and the majority feels like
people should probably be better off with python-control, harold, or
whatever else specialized package seems to be suitable for their workflow.

This is not to say that we gave up on the LTI objects and that part of the
signal but the wiggle room is indeed quite limited for new features.

Disclosure: I am the author of harold but I am not finding too much time
lately for a new version which is long overdue