[SciPy-Dev] Cythonize and add backslash logic to "scipy.linalg.solve"

Ilhan Polat ilhanpolat at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 19:37:51 EDT 2020

Dear all,

I've finally managed to draft a PR [1] for the functionality given in the
title (see also "Algorithms" section of [2]). It is almost halfway done but
the gist is already in place.

I'm posting this to both NumPy and SciPy lists since I think it is
important enough to get feedback from all parties involved.The particular
detail I need to be taught is the Cython parts and fleshing out
anti-patterns and code smells. Probably NumPy folks are better equipped to
spot the C related issues. There is this ILP64 issue that I am aware of
which would cause a bit of trouble and I would appreciate it if we can
tackle it at this early stage.

Thanks in advance,
ilhan

[1] : https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/12824