[SciPy-Dev] conda-forge now has 64-bit Windows packages

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 17:37:07 EST 2020

Hi all,

I thought this is a big enough deal that it's worth an announcement: at
long last we have Windows packages for SciPy on conda-forge, thanks to
Isuru Fernando.

Previously there were 1.2.1 packages, but those were built with Intel
Fortran outside of the conda-forge infrastructure and uploaded by hand
(which is painful / not maintainable). Now there's a regular MSVC +
mingw-w64 gfortran solution similar to how we build wheels. For those who
are interested in the needed changes, see
https://github.com/conda-forge/scipy-feedstock/pull/146 for de

Cheers,
Ralf