[SciPy-Dev] cuSignal: GPU accelerated version of SciPy Signal package

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 12:38:55 EST 2020

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 3:20 PM Juan Luis Cano <juanlu001 at gmail.com> wrote:

> The question is very broad, so I'm answering very broadly as well: I'm
> happy that someone is splitting the SciPy sub-packages into separate
> projects... I could see myself using cusignal (or cuintegrate, or
> cuoptimize) just because of that, regardless of the GPU stuff.

Keep in mind that it's basically a fork, and it may diverge at some point.
The RAPIDS team does want to work with the community, so I hope we can
evolve to some sort backend system in the future, rather than just a
separate package with a copy of the API.

I do like RAPIDS, it has a lot of potential I think.

Cheers.
Ralf