[SciPy-Dev] --full-trace

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 07:17:33 EST 2020

On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 12:10 PM Andrew Nelson <andyfaff at gmail.com> wrote:

> If a test is hanging somewhere how do I run a full trace on it using
> runtests.py?
> pytest argument is --full-trace, which should print a stack trace if
> ctrl-C is pressed.
>
> e.g.
>
> python runtests.py -t <mytest> --full-trace
>
> doesn't work/

That should be the right invocation. There may be a bug in the `extra_argv`
handling in runtests.py. It looks like it's stripping off one of the two
dashes, which doesn't look quite right.

If it works with

    python -c "import scipy; scipy.test(extra_argv=['--full-trace'])"

then it should work with runtests.py as well (unless there's a bug as
mentioned above).

Cheers,
Ralf