[SciPy-Dev] pyproject.toml for scipy dependent project

Roman Yurchak rth.yurchak at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 16:20:58 EDT 2020

Hello,

a quick question: for a project that requires scipy at build time (e.g.
because it using its the Cython BLAS API), how should the associated
pyproject.toml look like? i.e.
  a) is specifying scipy>=min_version enough
  b) or does one need to pin minimal supported scipy for each python
version as it's currently done e.g. for numpy
https://github.com/scipy/scipy/blob/7ac26a178f385e4fa88d5c22951797a32ec8f38f/pyproject.toml#L6
?

I think I have seen suggestions on conda-forge in the past that b) makes
sense, in a similar situation. Can someone confirm that this is also
something that should be done in `pyproject.toml`? Or would any
supported version work?

Thanks,
--
Roman