[SciPy-Dev] suggestion re. scipy.spatial.transform.Rotation

Phillip Feldman phillip.m.feldman at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 02:19:45 EDT 2019

I've noticed that this class supports four of the five common
representations of a rotation.  The one that's missing is the rotation
matrix.  I can supply code that converts an arbitrary sequence of Euler
rotations into a rotation matrix.  It would also be nice to be able to go
in the reverse direction, but I haven't yet figured that out.

Phillip
scipy.spatial.transform.Rotation
<https://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/generated/scipy.spatial.transform.Rotation.html#scipy-spatial-transform-rotation>
*class *scipy.spatial.transform.Rotation(*quat*, *normalized=False*,
*copy=True*)[source]
<https://github.com/scipy/scipy/blob/v1.3.0/scipy/spatial/transform/rotation.py#L175-L1634>
<https://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/generated/scipy.spatial.transform.Rotation.html#scipy.spatial.transform.Rotation>

Rotation in 3 dimensions.

This class provides an interface to initialize from and represent rotations
with:

   -

   Quaternions
   -