[SciPy-Dev] Improvement to regular grid interpolation

Simon S. Clift ssclift at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 09:44:48 EDT 2019

Hi Edouard,

I'll keep an eye out for your pull request, or perhaps you could send me a
note on your use case to my gmail address.  My approach just consists of
saving the interpolation weights in a sparse matrix then doing a sparse
multiply for subsequent interpolations.  Weights can be either multi-linear
or using barycentric co-ordinates on regular grids; it's an arbitrary
choice unless you have a simplicial grid layout you prefer.

Cheers
-- Simon

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 8:50 AM Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 2:33 PM Edouard Goudenhoofdt <egouden at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> This is clearly a duplicate of your previous post (How can I search the
>> mailing list?).
>>

> Yeah, good question .... that's kind of problematic at the moment.
> Eventually we'll switch to Mailman 3 which has a sane search interface.
> Sorry, we don't have a better answer than using Google et al. right now.
>
> I think this is a basic task for many geoscientists.
>> I did not make the effort to understand Simon Clift smarter approach.
>> But I already implemented a quick solution using a switch for the two use
>> cases.
>> May I submit a pull request?
>>

> It's now come up a couple of times, so clearly there's interest. Yes,
> opening a PR would be very helpful.
>
> Cheers,
> Ralf
>

>> On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 12:47 PM Dieter Werthmüller <
>> Dieter at werthmuller.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Edouard,
>>>
>>> I think this thread touched on that a bit:
>>> https://mail.python.org/pipermail/scipy-dev/2019-May/023540.html
>>>
>>> So Simon Clift might have already some functional code for that which
>>> could serve as a starting point.
>>>
>>> I personally would be certainly interested in the functionality.
>>>
>>> Dieter

>>> called.

1129 Ibbetson Lane
Mississauga, Ontario