[SciPy-Dev] Documentation: user survey

Maja Gwozdz maja.gwozdz.mkg33 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 04:57:30 EDT 2019

Hi Ralf,

thanks for your comments, I've adjusted the survey accordingly.

I've decided to phrase the 'experience question' in terms of levels, i.e.,
beginner, intermediate, etc., due to the fact that 'years of experience' is
probably a more difficult question to answer (at least for me).

As for the linear scale, I now modified it and made it a standard 5-point
Likert scale. The reason I initially opted for a 3-point scale was to avoid
centre tendency bias that might crop up in its 5-point counterpart. But I
don't think it's a big deal. You're right, a 5-point scale is more likely
to give us fewer neutral responses, which is good for our purposes.

I've also discarded the uppercase response options because they looked
ugly, stylistically speaking. In order to facilitate a quicker response, I
rearranged the response options in 'what features could be improved/added'
alphabetically.

I've also included the other questions you proposed and those kindly
suggested by one other person on the mailing list.

If there are no objections / further comments from the Community, I'll
start publishing the user survey in the appropriate places (say, in two
days).

One more important question: should we limit the number of responses to
one? This would require signing in, which is less than optimal. Do we have
any legitimate concerns about getting spam?

You can see the new version here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeBAO0UFKDZyKpg2XzRslsLJVHU61ugjc18-2PVEabTQg2_6g/viewform?usp=sf_link
.

I also took the liberty of including a header with a scientific flavour (no
copyright infringement here, it's taken from the generic Google headers).

All the best,
Maja