[SciPy-Dev] Donating code for robust statistical estimators

Filippo Bovo hi.hellbee at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 16:44:59 EDT 2019

Hi,

I wrote a Python package for the high-performance calculation of three robust statistical estimators: weighted median, medcouple and mode.

The repository with the code is at this link: https://github.com/FilippoBovo/robustats <https://github.com/FilippoBovo/robustats>.

The estimators are implemented in C using linear or log-linear algorithms, thereby making the code run pretty fast.

I would like to donate the code for the above three estimators to SciPy. I believe that `scipy.stats` is a good location where to add the weighted median, medcouple and mode.

Could you please let me know if you are happy with this?

Thank you.

Best wishes,
Filippo