[SciPy-Dev] Github workflow

Todd toddrjen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 12:11:17 EDT 2019

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 2:34 AM Andrew Nelson <andyfaff at gmail.com> wrote:

> devs,
> I'm involved in giving some feedback to Github at the moment, as related
> to how SciPy users experience Github. Does anyone have any feedback on:
>
> - Bugs / Feature requests - are there Github workflows you want to enable?
> What's the specific feature you want?
>
> This would be an ideal opportunity to tell GIthub of those features you'd
> really like to see fixed or implemented.
>
> A.

The "quote reply" button in PR's doesn't add the name of the person you are
talking to, nor does it link to the comment, and I can't find another way
to make really threaded replies.  At the very least having quotes
automatically tag the person being quoted so they get a notification about
it, but better yet having some sort of threaded reply system outside of
comments on particular lines, would be useful in my opinion.

Also, although there is a way to comment on particular lines of code in a
PR, I can't figure out a way to link to particular lines of code.  That
would be useful.  For example someone asks a question in a comment on one
line, you can link to another line that has the answer.