[SciPy-Dev] Making it easier to pin numpy in pyproject.toml

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitb.ac.in
Wed Nov 27 00:18:43 EST 2019

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for doing this, I think this would be very useful for multiple projects
that use numpy as a build dependency.  I agree with Ralf that it would perhaps
make more sense to have a pyproject.toml with the correct requirements in the
oldest-supported-numpy project in addition to or in place of the setup.cfg you
have.

Regards,
Prabhu

On 11/26/19 3:22 PM, Thomas Robitaille wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As a developer of several packages that have numpy as a build-time
> dependency, I've been having to specify pinned versions of numpy in
> pyproject.toml files with environment markers, as is done by scipy:
>
> https://github.com/scipy/scipy/blob/master/pyproject.toml#L6
>
> I've also noticed that different packages are sometimes inconsistent
> in what exact versions they use, and the scipy pinnings are also a
> little more advanced since they take into account the platform too
> (specifically the AIX case at the moment).

[...]