[SciPy-Dev] GSOC 2019

Gregory Lee grlee77 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 11:56:56 EST 2019

> On Sun, Mar 3, 2019 at 6:46 PM saif ali <saifalialvi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I want to contribute to SciPy in GSOC 2019. I have started bug fixing. I
>> want to implement an idea in Scipy and I want to know how do I connect with
>> the mentors for that ?

Hi Saif,

I wrote a the following response to Gopi just now, but am copying it here
as well.  The GSOC project we have already identified mentors for in SciPy
is here:
https://github.com/scipy/scipy/wiki/GSoC-2019-project-ideas

If this is a project you are interested in then I would start thinking
about what the FFT interface would look like and reviewing some of the
past/present issues related to fftpack / FFT in SciPy. Please ask questions
you have related to that project here so that you can clarify what would be
involved in writing a successful application.

If you have a different idea in mind you can propose it here, but you
should do that soon, because it will be necessary to determine if there is
interest from the SciPy team before you spend time coming up with a
detailed proposal. We have to determine if a project sounds feasible to
complete for GSOC and if appropriate mentors can be identified.

Ultimately, you will need to submit an application to SciPy between March
25th - April 9th.

Cheers,
Greg