[SciPy-Dev] welcome Peter and Greg to the core team

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 18:16:38 EDT 2019

Hi all,

On behalf of the SciPy developers I'd like to welcome Peter Bell and
Gregory Lee as members of the core team.

Peter is our current GSoC participant, and he's doing a really amazing job
on scipy.fft. Also, he's commenting on other PRs/issues and pitching in in
other places.
Here is an overview of his SciPy PRs:
https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pulls/peterbell10

Greg is one of the mentors on Peter's GSoC project (together with Eric
Larson), has contributed to SciPy regularly in the past, and is also a
maintainer of both PyWavelets and PyFFTW.
Here is an overview of his SciPy PRs:
https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pulls/grlee77

I'm looking forward to Peter and Greg's continued contributions!

Cheers,
Ralf