[SciPy-Dev] Regarding GSoC 2019 Project

Eric Larson larson.eric.d at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 12:09:41 EST 2019

Hey Amarnath,

No, you do not need in-depth knowledge of C or FORTRAN. The necessary
interfaces can be figured out without too much knowledge of those languages.

To proceed, you could read the SciPy wiki for GSoC, the SciPy roadmap, and
also look into which fftpack issues in the SciPy issue tracker
<https://github.com/scipy/scipy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+fftpack+label%3Ascipy.fftpack>.
Since numpy.fft is a related package, it would be good to look through
their issues, too (such as this one
<https://github.com/scipy/scipy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+fftpack+label%3Ascipy.fftpack>).
Then the next step would be to start formulating a proposal for a project
that would address some of these problems, and once you have some ideas,
solicit feedback here.

Eric