[SciPy-Dev] NaN insensitive circular statistics

Burrell, Angeline angeline.burrell at nrl.navy.mil
Wed Aug 14 13:49:49 EDT 2019

Second attempt for a response for a new feature to scipy.stats, since I was alerted that my first email was going into spam folders.  I do hope to hear back (positively or negatively) from the community.

I have NaN insensitive versions of the SciPy circular mean and standard deviation routines that I would like to contribute to the scipy.stats subpackage.  Since the hacking guidelines recommend discussing new contributions on this mailing list, I'd like to get the communal go-ahead before proceeding to integrate the routines and unit tests into scipy.  For consistency, I would also add a NaN insensitive version of the circular variance routine.

Cheers,
Angeline

Dr. Angeline G. Burrell [she/her/hers]
Research Physicist, Bldg. 209