[SciPy-Dev] Issues backlog

Tyler Reddy tyler.je.reddy at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 17:02:17 EDT 2019

I think we've had this discussion about using bots to auto-close issues in
SciPy a few times now. I've never been a fan of that & don't really tend to
worry too much about having a large number of issues open, though I'm not
hugely bothered if we do go that route.

I don't typically try to systemically go through them, but instead use
labels to filter as appropriate. It may be a little off-putting if an
important issue is both neglected long-term and dismissed by a bot, as
noted.

There's nothing stopping devs or teams working on SciPy from filtering the
issues / setting their priorities as they see fit irrespective of N open
issues. Indeed, if and when GitHub improve metrics / project management
tools and so on the large number of open issues may be navigated with
greater ease and mined for relevant data.