[SciPy-Dev] SciPy now fiscally sponsored by NumFOCUS

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 17:47:44 EDT 2019

On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 9:38 PM Travis Oliphant <teoliphant at gmail.com>
wrote:

> This is exciting news.  Thanks for all the work on this.
>
> As you are putting up historical institutional sponsors for the work, I
> would appreciate mention Mayo Clinic (1998-2001) and BYU (2001-2007) where
> I was a paid graduate student and professor and worked on what became SciPy
> and then SciPy.

Thanks for the input Travis. That's a fair request, and I will include
those two institutions.

A further thought on this: going forward I think we should only list
Institutional Partners, for which we have a clear definition:
http://scipy.github.io/devdocs/dev/governance/governance.html#institutional-partners-and-funding.
The key point of that is: work on SciPy has to be part of the official
duties of the employee. However going back in time I think we should be
inclusive, also when other past contributors have done large amounts of
work "in the boss's time" and make a similar requests.

Cheers,
Ralf