[SciPy-Dev] [ANN] Release of scikit-spatial package

Andrew Hynes andrewjhynes at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 17:30:32 EDT 2019

Hello everyone,

I'm completing my master's in computer engineering, and it involved writing
several functions for computations in 3D space, such as finding the line of
best fit from multiple points and projecting a point onto a line. I decided
to package my code into 'scikit-spatial', which provides objects for
points, vectors, lines and planes, and computations between them.

I know SymPy has similar objects in their geometry package, but my package
is based on NumPy for the objects and computations. The Point and Vector
objects are actually subclasses of the NumPy ndarray.

It's my first Python package, so any feedback or contributions would be
greatly appreciated. The code is at
https://github.com/ajhynes7/scikit-spatial.

I apologize if this is the wrong mailing list to post this. The "Scikits"
page (https://www.scipy.org/scikits.html) just says "It can however be
useful to let people know about it by discussing the new project e.g. on
the Scipy mailing lists.", but it doesn't specify which one. Maybe the
website can be edited to specify a mailing list for future reference?

Thanks,

Andrew Hynes