[SciPy-Dev] Modifying interpolate.pade function

Joshua Wharton jfw48 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Sep 5 08:43:25 EDT 2018

Hi all,

This is my first time contributing to scipy, so apologies if I've messed up somehow.
Here is a link to the PR https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/9211)

Currently interpolate.pade only takes the order of the denominator with the order of the numerator assumed from the order of the inputted array . Added an optional parameter (following standard naming convention of the pade function) which specifies the order of the numerator. This is useful if the order of the inputted array returns a higher order (and computationally more expensive) numerator than needed. This change does not affect any currently written code, I cannot see any obvious performance cost. Do you think this modification is acceptable for scipy? Also I would like to say that the docs for contributing are wonderful.

Thank you,
Joshua