[SciPy-Dev] General discussion on parallelisation

Andrew Nelson andyfaff at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 05:30:22 EDT 2018

SNIP
> In particular it is more robust than multiprocessing.Pool (specifically,
robust to segfault), and the improvements have been contributed upstream to
Python concurrent.futures's process pool executor (available in Python 3.7).

SNIP
> While simpler multiprocessing-based code will sometimes give less
overhead compared to joblib, it will probably be brittle.

Is there anything I can read to learn a bit more about this? Is it mainly
related to how easy things are to pickle?