[SciPy-Dev] GSOC 2018 [Proposal Feedback]

Aditya Bharti adibhar97 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 06:35:40 EDT 2018

Hi Hameer,
Thank you for your comments. They were quite informative. Just a couple of
questions.

The __matmul__ function translates to the @ operator correct? Would that
not be somewhat awkward for new users?
Also, I couldn't find the suggested __rmatmul__ anywhere on the operator
list: https://docs.python.org/3/library/operator.html. Am I looking in the
wrong place?

In addition, are there any other specific things I need to stay away from
to avoid np.matrix like problems? I just know that the matrix class is not
used much, I don't really know the reasons for its deprecation.

Thanks,
Aditya