[SciPy-Dev] GSOC 2018 [Proposal Feedback]

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 11:56:11 EDT 2018

On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 1:05 PM, Aditya Bharti <adibhar97 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Goal of this email: To ask for feedback on the draft proposal for GSOC 2018
>
> I am an undergraduate researcher in Computer Vision interested in
> contributing to scipy's Rotation Formalism in 3 Dimensions project idea as
> part of GSOC 2018.
>
> I've made some contributions to scipy and have drafted a proposal here
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UriyLABwgjUcYfBofSr4hqAnLzblJ71pkzm7i26O8ws/edit?usp=sharing>.
> [1]
>
> It includes my contact information, code samples, project timeline, and an
> introduction about myself. I went through the proposal guidelines on the
> website and think I covered all my bases.
>
> I would greatly appreciate your feedback on this as it will help me in
> making a strong application.

Hi Aditya, that looks like a solid start. I added a few comments; will
leave it to the proposed mentors to comment on some of the algorithmic
ideas. One other thing to consider is existing implementations to possibly
build upon - a couple of people suggested other packages on this list not
too long ago.

Cheers,
Ralf