[SciPy-Dev] SciPy 1.0 paper writing proposal

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 11:24:21 EDT 2018

On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 1:07 PM, Scott Sievert <sievert.scott at gmail.com>
wrote:

> What updates are there on this? Ralf said mid-April was a submission
> target, but I haven’t seen anything yet. I’m more than happy to write some
> on my contribution.

We've decided on the document outline (
https://github.com/scipy/scipy-articles/pull/14) and the first section
drafts have started to appear (thanks Tyler and Matt!):
https://github.com/scipy/scipy-articles/issues/13
https://github.com/scipy/scipy-articles/pull/15

However you're right that we're a bit slow, mid-April finishing a first
draft could still be feasibly if people start writing asap, but submission
by then we won't make.

https://github.com/scipy/scipy-articles/issues/9 contains the sections and
people who volunteered to author them. There's still some sections that
need a volunteer; especially the technical sections could be written by
people other than the main developer/maintainer - if you're confident you
could (co-)write a section, feel free to comment there and jump in.

Cheers,
Ralf