[SciPy-Dev] scipy.sparse.linalg.svds

Ilhan Polat ilhanpolat at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 05:50:07 EDT 2018

Jake Vanderplas also followed up on Fabian's post around those times. For
reference, https://jakevdp.github.io/blog/2012/12/19/sparse-svds-in-python/

My guess is that PROPACK's license was ambiguous for a long time while
sparse library was being implemented and getting mature. There are more
experienced devs that can comment on that.

But maybe during the numpy.matrix revamp (
https://github.com/scipy/scipy/issues/8162) we can consider involving
PROPACK alternatives.