[SciPy-Dev] [Cython] [Scipy-Dev] FFT from Cython

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Mon Jul 30 12:45:11 EDT 2018

ma, 2018-07-30 kello 11:12 -0500, Stanley Seibert kirjoitti:
> This would also be useful to Numba to enable automatic usage of
> optimized
> FFT functions from nopython mode.  We already use this technique with
> the
> BLAS/LAPACK exports from SciPy to great benefit.

As a general comment, the "optimization" situation with FFT functions
is somewhat different from BLAS/LAPACK, as the FFT library in Scipy is
not state of the art. There are faster alternatives out there, however
to my knowledge not with BSD-compatible licenses (at least a few years
ago, so this information may be outdated).

--
Pauli Virtanen