[SciPy-Dev] Are you using Bento to build scipy?

Hameer Abbasi einstein.edison at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 11:26:51 EDT 2018

Related: scikit-build seems to have quite a bit of momentum. I've never
used CMake before, and while I know opinions on CMake aren't 100% positive,
scikit-build looks like a significant improvement over distutils. I think
we should try to integrate it at some point in the coming year.

Hi! As a potential contributor to SciPy I would say that one of the things
I’m most excited about, and one of the things that has kept me from getting
too deeply involved in the C/C++ parts of NumPy/SciPy is the lack of proper
IDE support. CMake solves this to an extent. I’ve found myself to be
relatively comfortable with projects that used CMake rather than (for
example) GNU Make or Autotools for the same reason.

Best Regards,
Hameer Abbasi
Sent from Astro <https://www.helloastro.com> for Mac