[SciPy-Dev] What we do struggle with is lack of progress on (Ralf Gommers)

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 20:23:22 EST 2018

Hi Robert, note that your email client is misconfigured - your replies are
breaking the threading. Can you please look into that?

On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 2:11 PM, Robert Lucente - Pipeline.Com <
rlucente at pipeline.com> wrote:

> > The other open issue is for clarifying the build/install docs on Windows:
> https://github.com/scipy/scipy/issues/7140
>
> I would like to volunteer w/the install docs on windows.

Great!

> I am new to Python and its associated scientific stack. However, I do have
> some background
>
> 1) Check out my blog post "Study Algorithms by Playing Pick 2: Find the Sum
> of Any 2 Integers from a List that are Equal to a Specific Value"
>
> http://rlucente.blogspot.com/2017/03/learn-algorithms-by-
> playing-pick-2-find
> .html
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lb9WRMzl5Y
>
> 2) If you Google "The Bit Plumber", I will show up on 1st page
>
> Please let me know what you guys would like the next step to be

There were some improvements and simplifications after I wrote this todo
list: https://github.com/scipy/scipy/issues/7140#issuecomment-316036368.
However that's still about right for the current todo list I'd say.

The current instructions live at
https://github.com/scipy/scipy/blob/master/doc/source/building/windows.rst.
Checking those for correctness, and then editing them with the updates as
suggested in the todo list would be good.