[SciPy-Dev] ENH: Extend peak finding capabilities in scipy.signal (#8264)

Lars G. lagru at mailbox.org
Sat Jan 27 12:05:26 EST 2018

Dear SciPy devs,

On 26.01.2018 20:59, Eric Larson wrote:
> Another PR is fine, but we should merge that one before this find_peaks
> PR to avoid creating backward compatibility problems.

I have prepared a performance evaluation for you to review here:
http://nbviewer.jupyter.org/urls/gitlab.com/snippets/1695752/raw
You can download the notebook here:
https://gitlab.com/snippets/1695752

I hope my approach & evaluation is not to naive. Please let me know
whether you think this approach would be a viable alternative to use in
find_peaks. In that case I'd start a new PR to add this functionality
before merging the one we are currently discussing.

Best regards,
Lars